The National Measurement Office is looking for any further views from the UK in relation to a new International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML) publication titled: ‘Conformity to type (CTT) - Pre-market conformity assessment of measuring instruments’.
The project group of which the UK is a participating member are responsible for developing the new OIML publication and welcome comments to help the development of this document.
All comments made will be collated to form the UK input for this project.
International legal metrology
Tel: 020 8943 7287
OIML is an intergovernmental treaty organisation which:
- develops model regulations, standards and related documents for use by legal metrology authorities and industry
- provides mutual recognition systems which reduce trade barriers and costs in a global market
- represents the interests of the legal metrology community within international organizations and forums concerned with metrology, standardization, testing, certification and accreditation
- promotes and facilitates the exchange of knowledge and competencies within the legal metrology community worldwide
- cooperates with other metrology bodies to raise awareness of the contribution that a sound legal metrology infrastructure can make to a modern economy