New non-executive directors appointed to the Competition and Markets Authority Board
- Competition and Markets Authority, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, and The Rt Hon Greg Clark MP
- Part of:
- Government transparency and accountability and Business regulation
- First published:
- 12 October 2016
Business and Energy Secretary appoints non-executive directors and panel member non-executive directors to the CMA.
Business and Energy Secretary Greg Clark has appointed Martin Coleman, Jonathan Scott and Amelia Fletcher OBE as non-executive directors to the Competition and Markets Authority Board. Sarah Chambers and Anne Lambert CMG have also been appointed as panel member non-executive directors to the CMA Board. Martin Coleman will join the board from October 2017.
Non-executive directors of the Competition and Markets Authority Board play a key role in providing leadership and direction to the organisation, working with the chair and chief executive.
As board members, they will also be responsible for:
- setting the organisation’s strategic direction and policy framework
- developing priorities
- monitoring performance against its objectives
- making decisions on Market Investigation References
The CMA, a non-ministerial department, is the UK’s primary competition and consumer authority. It has responsibility for carrying out investigations into mergers, markets and the regulated industries and enforcing competition and consumer law.
Published: 12 October 2016