Membership of Recall Review Steering Group
Business Minister Anna Soubry has established a new industry-led group to work with government to improve product safety recalls in the UK.
The Recall Review Steering Group was set up following the publication of the independent review of the UK’s product recall system by leading consumer campaigner Lynn Faulds Wood. The group, made up of those who contributed to the review, brings together a cross-section of stakeholders and includes representatives of manufacturers and retailers, as well as legal, technical and market surveillance experts.
The members are:
- David Bolton, British Retail Consortium
- John Leadley, Baker & McKenzie
- Roland Earl, British Toy & Hobby Association
- Phil Buckle, Electrical Safety First
- Charlie Pugsley, Chief Fire Officers’ Association
- Leon Livermore, Chartered Trading Standards Institute
- Douglas Herbison, Association of Manufacturers of Domestic Appliances
- Mike Hawes, Society of Motor Manufacturers & Traders
- Professor Geoff Rodgers, Brunel University
The first meeting of the group took place at BIS on Wednesday 4 May 2016. The group will appoint a rolling chair and publish its terms of reference in due course.