Government review of the Muslim Brotherhood
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The Prime Minister has commissioned a government review of the Muslim Brotherhood and of government policy towards the organisation.
The Prime Minister has commissioned an internal government review into the philosophy, activities, impact and influence on UK national interests, at home and abroad, of the Muslim Brotherhood and of government policy towards the organisation.
The Review will be led by Sir John Jenkins KCMG LVO. He will report to the Prime Minister by the summer recess.
The purpose of the review is to produce an internal report to the Prime Minister to inform government policy towards the Muslim Brotherhood. The scope of the review covers the Muslim Brotherhood’s origins, philosophy, activities, record in and out of government; its organisation and activities in the UK and abroad which might put at risk, damage, or risk damaging UK national interests. It will look at the Muslim Brotherhood’s impact on, and influence over, UK national interests, at home and abroad, as well as its wider influence on UK society. It will also look at current government policy as well as allies’ approaches and policies, and assess the implications for UK policy.
Interested parties may submit evidence. Please refer to the review’s purpose above and follow the guidelines below:
- Submissions should be no longer than 3,000 words and include a summary of up to 500 words.
- Please keep the use of colour to a minimum and use numbered paragraphs.
- Please state clearly who the submission is from, and in what capacity (eg sent by the representative of an organisation on its behalf).
- All submissions may be published, in whole or in part. Any material that should remain confidential should be clearly marked as such.
- The deadline for receipt of evidence is Friday 30 May 2014.
Submissions may be sent by post to:
The Muslim Brotherhood Review
National Security Secretariat
Or they may be sent by email to MBReview@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk.