The Innovative Research Call (IRC) 2016 for Explosives and Weapons Detection is to invest up to £3 million in research projects.
Projects can develop original ideas. They can also adapt successful technologies, techniques or processes from other fields.
You could apply with a proposal in the following areas:
- buildings and areas
- people and/or their possessions
This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition run in partnership with Innovate UK.
The government partners for this competition are:
The competition has 2 phases:
Phase 1 - proof of concept
Up to £1 million is available. Projects should last up to 6 months with total costs of up to £60,000.
Up to £2 million is available. Projects should last up to 2 years.
- This competition opens on Monday 12 September 2016
- The registration deadline is noon on Wednesday 12 October 2016
- The application deadline is noon on Wednesday 19 October 2016
- There will be a bidders’ conference for potential applicants in London on Tuesday 27 September 2016