Companies who have switched to email reminders from paper are more likely to file their accounts and confirmation statement (annual return) on time.
Our reminder service tells companies when their accounts and confirmation statement are due for filing. Analysis shows email reminders are more successful than paper reminders.
Companies who have switched to email reminders are more likely to file on time and, as a result, are less likely to get a penalty for filing their accounts late.
Our email reminder service is free and has many advantages over the paper system. You can:
- choose up to 4 people to receive a reminder (including an agent)
- file your document immediately from a link within the reminder
- receive reminders more conveniently
- use less paper, contributing to saving the environment
We recommend all companies register for the email reminder service. We intend to withdraw paper reminders in the future as part of our aim to become a fully-digital organisation.
How to register
- sign in to the Companies House online filing service
- select ‘Get email reminders’ from your company overview screen
- click ‘Add an email address’
- enter your email address (a maximum of 4 per company)
- click the link in the email Companies House sends you to validate your email address
- agree to the terms of operation
We’ll send you an email when you have successfully joined the reminder service.
New users will need to register to use the Companies House online filing service.
Video demonstration on how to register for email reminders
Register multiple companies
You can register multiple companies in one go. Prepare a password protected Excel spreadsheet with a minimum of 15 company numbers and associated authentication codes. Submit the spreadsheet by email to BulkERems@companieshouse.gov.uk
In a separate email from the same address, confirm the spreadsheet password and single email address where the reminders are to be sent.
Only one email address can be assigned when joining in bulk registration. You can change an email address, or add additional email addresses (maximum of 4 per company) using the Companies House online filing service.