Companies who have switched to email reminders from paper are more likely to file their accounts and annual return on time.
Recent analysis of the Companies House reminder service, which tells companies when their accounts and annual return are due for filing, has shown that email reminders are more successful than paper reminders.
Those companies who have switched to email reminders have improved their compliance rates and, as a result, are less likely to get a penalty for filing their accounts late.
The email reminder service is free and has many advantages over the paper system:
- you can choose up to 4 people to receive a reminder (including an agent)
- you can file your document immediately from a link within the reminder
- it’s more convenient
- it’s cheaper
- it’s better for the environment
We recommend that all companies register for the email reminder service. We intend to withdraw paper reminders in the future as part of our aim to become a fully-digital organisation.
How to register
- sign in to the Companies House online filing service
- select ‘join eReminders’ from your company overview screen
- enter your email address (a maximum of 4 per company)
- click the link in the email Companies House sends you to validate your email address
- agree to the terms of operation
Companies House will send you an email when you have successfully joined the reminder service.
New users will need to register to use the Companies House online filing service.
Video demonstration on how to register for email reminders
Register multiple companies
You can register multiple companies in one go. Prepare a password protected Excel spreadsheet with a minimum of 15 company numbers and associated authentication codes. Submit the spreadsheet by email to BulkERems@companieshouse.gov.uk
In a separate email from the same address, confirm the spreadsheet password and single email address where the reminders are to be sent.
Only one email address can be assigned when joining in bulk registration. You can change an email address, or add additional email addresses (maximum of 4 per company) using the Companies House online filing service.