Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This consultation concluded on 21 April 2016. The outcome report, final map area and site citation are attached on this page.
For more information on this site:
- visit the Designated Sites System
- type ‘Morecambe Bay and Duddon Estuary SPA’ into the site name field
- click on search
Special Protection Areas (SPAs) are special sites designated under the EU Birds Directive to protect rare, vulnerable and migratory birds.
The proposal for Morecambe Bay and Duddon Estuary is to combine the 2 individual SPAs and extend the site to include part of the west Cumbria coast and the Ravenglass Estuary to support colonies of internationally important tern populations detailed in the consultation documents.
The proposal is available as a series of separate documents (attached above). You should:
- read the consultation summary that sets out the aims of the proposal
- read the departmental brief that provides the scientific explanation behind the proposal
- use the maps to locate the proposal site and extension area
Use the ‘respond online’ link below to give your views.