Detail of outcome
This document provides a summary of responses to the consultation, with details on how the consultation was carried out.
This consultation ran from to
The government invites your views on ways to develop the public health workforce in the new public health system.
The Health and Social Care Act 2012 sets out changes to the public health system. Central to this is ensuring that the public health system continues to have a highly skilled and motivated workforce across the 3 domains of public health: health protection, health promotion and healthcare public health – wherever they are in the system.
This consultation asks your views on ways to support and develop the public health workforce including
- ways to enumerate the public heath workforce
- recruitment and retention
- the role of public health practitioners
- the role of local education and training boards
- ways to strengthen academic public health and the public health information and intelligence function
The consultation was signposted in the public health document Healthy Lives, Healthy People: Update and Way Forward