Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This consultation concluded on 21 April 2016. The outcome report, final map area and site citation are attached on this page.
For more information on this site:
- visit the Designated Sites System
- type ‘Hamford Water SPA’ into the site name field
- click on search
Special Protection Areas (SPAs) are special sites designated under the EU Birds Directive to protect rare, vulnerable and migratory birds.
The proposal for Hamford Water is to extend the boundary of the existing SPA to include and protect the ideal coastal feeding waters used by little tern when they’re breeding at colonies within the original boundary of the SPA.
The proposal is available as a series of separate documents (attached above). You should:
- read the consultation summary that sets out the aims of the proposal
- read the departmental brief that provides the scientific explanation behind the proposal
- use the map to locate the proposal site
Use the ‘respond online’ link below to give your views.