We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
Under the Merchant Shipping (Crew Agreements, Lists of Crew and Discharge of Seamen) Regulations 1991, a single crew agreement is required which covers all members of crew.
Under these proposed Seafarer Employment Agreements Regulations crew agreements will be replaced by individual agreements for every person who is employed, engaged or works on board a ship to which the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 applies.
Where a seafarer is not an employee they will be required to have evidence of contractual or similar arrangements providing them with decent working and living conditions on board the ship on which they are serving.
- Draft seafarers’ employment agreements statutory instrument (DOC, 159KB)
- Seafarers’ employment agreements: impact assessment (PDF, 134KB)
- Seafarers’ employment agreements: draft merchant shipping notice (DOC, 440KB)
- Seafarers’ employment agreements: explanatory memorandum (DOC, 57KB)
- Seafarers’ employment agreements: transposition note (DOC, 75KB)