We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
Seeks views on the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 regulations about employment agreements for seafarers on UK sea-going ships.
This consultation ran from
Under the Merchant Shipping (Crew Agreements, Lists of Crew and Discharge of Seamen) Regulations 1991, a single crew agreement is required which covers all members of crew.
Under these proposed Seafarer Employment Agreements Regulations crew agreements will be replaced by individual agreements for every person who is employed, engaged or works on board a ship to which the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 applies.
Where a seafarer is not an employee they will be required to have evidence of contractual or similar arrangements providing them with decent working and living conditions on board the ship on which they are serving.
- Draft seafarers’ employment agreements statutory instrument (DOC, 159KB)
- Seafarers’ employment agreements: impact assessment (PDF, 134KB)
- Seafarers’ employment agreements: draft merchant shipping notice (DOC, 440KB)
- Seafarers’ employment agreements: explanatory memorandum (DOC, 57KB)
- Seafarers’ employment agreements: transposition note (DOC, 75KB)
PDF, 31.1KB, 6 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.