This consultation ran from to
Seeking views on the draft cycling and walking investment strategy.
The government’s ambition is to create a walking and cycling nation. To further this goal we have created a draft cycling and walking strategy for consultation. We are seeking:
- suggestions and evidence of innovative projects and programmes which could be developed to further our goals of:
- increasing cycling activity
- reversing the decline in walking activity
- reducing the rate of cyclists killed or seriously injured
- views on how to increase cycling and walking in typically under-represented groups
- views on the approach and actions set out in the strategy to meet our key objectives
- views on the potential roles of government and non-government bodies in delivering the strategy, plus the how they work together
- views on the assistance local authorities and local enterprise partnerships would find beneficial to support development of infrastructure plans
- views on our proposed activities for meeting our objectives of better:
The timescale and approach to developing this strategy were originally stated in Setting the first cycling and walking investment strategy released in December 2015.