Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This document summarises the main issues arising from this consultation on the draft cycling delivery plan. It provides the government’s position on each of the 6 main issues raised and details of next steps on cycling and walking.
- Cycling and walking: the economic case for action, published March 2015
- Sustainable travel projects: revenue and capital investment, published March 2015
- Local Sustainable Transport Fund: employment impacts, published March 2015
The cycling delivery plan is the government’s 10 year strategy on how we plan to increase cycling and walking across England.
It includes an ambition to double cycling levels by 2025 and increase the percentage of school children aged 5 to 10 years walking to school to 55% by 2025.
The delivery plan features a number of actions to meet these targets including plans for:
- infrastructure developments
- cycle-proofing roads
- wider transport infrastructure
- facilitating behaviour change across the country by promoting cycling and walking as alternative sustainable travel modes
A draft version of the delivery plan has been published for informal consultation.
A web chat about the cycling delivery plan hosted by the Department for Transport will take place on 17 November at 7.00 pm.