Collaborative tuberculosis strategy for England: 2014 to 2019
This consultation has concluded
Detail of outcome
Published: PDF, 425KB, 50 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Detail of feedback received
The Collaborative Tuberculosis Strategy for England was launched for consultation on World TB Day, 24 March 2014. It set out the need for urgent action to control tuberculosis (TB): a vision, ambitions, and areas for action, including aspects of diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
This report is a summary of the findings, highlighting the main comments made, and PHE responses to the comments. The overwhelming majority of stakeholders:
- greatly welcomed the strategy
- felt that it was timely and important
- agreed with the general content
Most comments related to fine-tuning particular detail in the strategy, or changing the wording.
A wide range of stakeholders were consulted during the 3 month consultation from 24 March to 24 June 2014. Out of the 111 responses, approximately:
- one quarter were from local authorities
- one quarter were from the NHS
- one quarter were from PHE, including collective responses of local stakeholders made up of PHE, NHS, clinical commissioning groups, local government, the third sector and others
- one quarter were from other stakeholder groups, including:
- the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
- the British Thoracic Society
- local government
- the Association of Directors of Public Health
- third sector organisations
This consultation ran from
PHE, NHS England and other stakeholders release a draft consultation for comment.
This consultation was held on another website.
A successful strategy depends on the participation and commitment of many stakeholders and partners. We welcome your comments on the strategy and its annexes.
Public Health England Centres and other institutions will coordinate responses, and stakeholders should try and coordinate their responses as much as possible.
Please use the consultation form provided on the TB Strategy home page for comments and please send to: TBstrategyconsultation@phe.gov.uk.
The consultation deadline is 5pm on 24 June 2014.
All comments will be considered by the project team after the close of the consultation period, will then be summarised and responded to appropriately and a final collaborative TB strategy will be prepared and published thereafter to inform the planning round for 2015 to 2016.
Thank you very much for your contribution.
Published: 24 March 2014
From: Public Health England