Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Government response to ATOL reform consultation.
Seeks your views on modernising the ATOL consumer protection scheme in line with today’s business practices in the travel sector.
In particular, it seeks views on:
- proposals to strengthen ATOL in line with the Package Travel Directive 2015, to ensure enhanced customer protection
- longer term ATOL reform to ensure we get the regulatory framework right
- evaluation of the 2012 ATOL regulations
The consultation explores the case for:
- expanding the scope of ATOL protection
- reducing regulation to minimise burdens on business
It also explores how ATOL could be more commercial and risk-based in the future.
We will be holding the following workshop events during the consultation period:
|Manchester||9 November||10:30 to 12:30|
|London (dial in facilities available)||14 November||09:30 to 11:30|
|London||21 November||09:30 to 11:30|
The format of the events will be:
- 2 hour session hosted by the DfT ATOL policy team
- overview of the proposals and timeframe
- walk-through of the core changes under the PTD
- discussion of the longer term ATOL reform options
- guidance on how to respond
- opportunity to raise questions throughout
If you wish to attend one of these events, please email ATOLconsultation@dft.gsi.gov.uk.