- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Energy and climate change: evidence and analysis
- 11 February 2015
- Last updated:
- 30 March 2017, see all updates
This series brings together all documents relating to historical UK greenhouse gas emissions.
This page lists the various publications available on UK greenhouse gas emissions including official statistics publications.
The UK produces an annual greenhouse gas inventory, a consistent time series of UK greenhouse gas emissions from 1990 onwards. Official statistics on UK greenhouse gas emissions are also produced annually and provide an accessible source of data for users who are not inventory experts.
Final emissions statistics produced each February provide users with the latest emissions and allow the UK to monitor its progress towards international and domestic targets. Provisional and quarterly statistics provide users with an early indication of trends in emissions nearly a year ahead of the final statistics publication. Local authority statistics allow local authorities to monitor their progress against any local level targets.
Projections of emissions are available from BEIS energy and emissions projections.
Further information on climate change is available from:
- Climate Change: summary of cross department information on climate change
- Impacts of climate change in the UK: reports focusing on the effect climate change is having on the UK
- Adapting to climate change: information on DEFRA policy on adaptation
- Department for International Development: information on reducing the impact of climate change in developing countries
- Met Office Hadley Centre: provides guidance on the science of climate change and is the primary focus in the UK for climate science
- European Environment Agency: agency of the European Union to provide sound, independent information on the environment
- European Commission (Directorate General for Climate Action): leads international negotiations on climate, helps the EU to deal with the consequences of climate change and to meet its targets for 2020, as well as develops and implements the EU Emissions Trading System
- Committee on Climate Change: statutory body established under the Climate Change Act 2008 to advise the UK government and devolved administrations on emissions targets and report to parliament on progress made in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and preparing for climate change
For information on emissions conversion factors please go to the Greenhouse Gas conversion factor repository.
- Corporate report
- Official Statistics
Other technical reports
Supplementary technical reports relating to greenhouse gas emissions including the following:
- Alternative approaches to reporting UK greenhouse gas emissions
- List of greenhouse gases with corresponding GWP
- Record of UK base year emissions
- Background quality report
- Research and analysis
Published: 11 February 2015
Updated: 30 March 2017
- Annual statement of emissions for 2015.
- Latest annual emissions staement published.
- First published.