Social care common inspection framework (SCCIF)
For inspection from 1 April 2017. The framework and inspection letters and forms.
The social care common inspection framework (SCCIF), for use from 1 April 2017, applies to inspections of:
- children’s homes, including secure children’s homes
- independent fostering agencies
- boarding schools and residential special schools
- voluntary adoption agencies
- adoption support agencies
- residential family centres
- residential holiday schemes for disabled children
- residential provision of further education colleges
For inspectors there is also safeguarding concerns guidance.
Consultation outcomes and next steps
- The social care common inspection framework – an overview of the changes from April 2017
- The social care common inspection framework – changes from April 2017 and how they will affect inspections and inspecting
- How changes to the social care common inspection framework will affect fostering and inspection