Risk assessments for your environmental permit
Operators applying for a permit will need to read the generic guidance ‘Risk assessments for your environmental permit’.
There are also additional risk assessments you must do depending on:
- the activity your bespoke permit relates to
- where substances are released or discharged into the environment
You can use the Environment Agency’s risk assessment tool to complete and submit any assessment of risks for your specific activity, except for assessing risks for intensive farming.
- includes instructions on how to develop risk assessments
- does calculations required for your risk assessment and screens out insignificant releases
- presents data so that the Environment Agency can assess it properly
For a copy of the H1 software tool and user guide, email the Environment Agency at firstname.lastname@example.org. This tool uses Microsoft Access.
Surface water pollution
Waste recovery or disposal
Published 2 February 2016