Opening a UTC

Documents for groups running and managing a university technical college (UTC).

Open a UTC

To open a UTC you must have a funding agreement with DfE and must have a licence agreement with Baker Dearing Educational Trust.

UTC model funding agreements

UTC site management guidance

Published 7 March 2014
Last updated 7 June 2019 + show all updates
  1. Added a memorandum of understanding between Baker Dearing Educational Trust and DfE.

  2. Added 'UTC revenue funding'.

  3. Added 'Opening a university technical college: how to apply' and 'Opening a university technical college: application forms'.

  4. Added 'Academy model memorandum and articles of association' to the collection.

  5. Updated model funding agreements and model articles of association for groups opening a UTC.

  6. Added the UTC revenue funding guide for the 2014 to 2015 academic year.

  7. First published.