Clostridium difficile ribotyping network (CDRN) laboratories provide Clostridium difficile culture and ribotyping.
There are standard criteria for submission of faecal samples. Further DNA fingerprinting using multilocus variable repeat analysis (MLVA) is available on request, if your sample meets the criteria for enhanced fingerprinting.
CDRN consists of 9 participating laboratories:
- Leeds (Reference Laboratory, Leeds General Infirmary)
- Bristol (Bristol Royal Infirmary)
- Birmingham (Heartlands Hospital)
- Cambridge (Addenbrooke’s Hospital)
- London (Barts Health)
- Manchester (Manchester Royal Infirmary)
- Newcastle (Newcastle General Hospital)
- Southampton (Southampton General Hospital)
- Belfast (Royal Victoria Hospital) in N. Ireland.
- Detailed guide
- Research and analysis