ARI also include information on:
- departmental research systems
- research and data publication policies
- research and development strategies
In response to the 2015 Nurse review of the UK Research Councils, the government accepted the review’s recommendation to provide:
- a more strategic approach to departmental research and development programmes
- a more sophisticated dialogue with academia
- documents that set out the most important research questions facing each department
ARI aim to improve how government departments:
- align scientific and research evidence from academia with policy development and decision-making
- access a wide range of suppliers
- engage with researchers
- access stronger policy evidence bases at better value for money
- share research commissions
If you are interested in working with a department on a research question, please use the contact details within the relevant ARI.
If you have general comments to make on the format of the ARIs, please contact the Government Office for Science.