Help with your energy bills
If you use alternative fuels for heating
You may be eligible for a £200 Alternative Fuels Payment (AFP) if both the following are true:
- your household is not connected to the mains gas grid
- you use alternative fuels as your main form of heating
This is on top of the £400 from your electricity supplier.
You’re eligible for this payment if the main way you heat your home uses:
- tank or bottled gas
- liquid petroleum gas (LPG)
- solid fuel
Most homes that are eligible for this payment will get it automatically as a credit on their electricity bills from February 2023.
If you think you should have got a payment but have not, contact your electricity supplier.
You may not get the payment automatically if your home is either:
- in an area which is mainly connected to the gas grid
- not connected to either the gas or the electricity grid
If you do not get this payment automatically
You may have to apply for this payment through the AFP Alternative Fund if you do not get it automatically - for example, because you do not have a contract with an electricity supplier.
Apply for a payment to help pay for alternative fuels if you’ve not already had one.