Apply for support from the Great British Insulation Scheme

You may be able to get free or cheaper insulation to reduce your home’s energy bills.

You might get support if your home:

You can be a homeowner, landlord or tenant (either renting privately or from a housing association). If you’re a tenant, speak to your landlord before you apply. You’ll need their permission before any insulation can be installed.

This scheme is not available in Northern Ireland. Find out about energy saving schemes in Northern Ireland.

Home insulation you can get

You may be able to get support to install:

  • cavity wall insulation
  • solid wall insulation (internal or external)
  • loft insulation
  • flat or pitched roof insulation
  • underfloor insulation
  • solid floor insulation
  • park home insulation
  • room-in-roof insulation

Check if you can get support

You’ll need:

  • the total household income
  • the type of benefits anyone living in the property receives - you may be eligible for additional support
  • your email address or phone number so your energy supplier can contact you if you’re eligible

Start now

What happens next

If you’re eligible for support, your energy supplier will contact you.

They’ll arrange an assessment of the property.

If you need to pay anything, you’ll find out after the assessment.

You can decide not to go ahead if you do not agree with the assessment or costs.

If you cannot use the online service

You can phone the helpline to speak to an adviser.

Great British Insulation Scheme helpline
Telephone: 0800 098 7950
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (except public holidays)
Saturday, 9am to 12pm