The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to:
- the Boko, Kindamba, Kinkala, Mayama and Mindouli districts of Pool region
- the Mouyondzi district of Bouenza region
- within 50km of the border with the Central African Republic in Likouala region
The FCO advise against all but essential travel to:
- Brazzaville region, except for the city of Brazzaville
- the Ngabe district of Pool region
Previous periods of unrest have seen an increased police and military presence in Brazzaville. You should maintain a high level of security awareness, avoid political protests and avoid travel after dark.
Consular support is limited in the Republic of Congo as there is no British Embassy. However, the British Embassy Kinshasa, in the Democratic Republic of Congo can provide limited remote consular support to British nationals. In an emergency, British nationals should contact the British Embassy Kinshasa, in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Although there’s no recent history of terrorism in the Republic of Congo, attacks can’t be ruled out. See Terrorism
Take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance before you travel.