COVID-19 entry restrictions for Bosnia and Herzegovina

Before you travel, check the ‘Entry requirements’ section for Bosnia and Herzegovina’s current entry restrictions and requirements. These may change with little warning. Monitor this advice for the latest updates and stay in contact with your travel provider.

Travelling from and returning to the UK

Check what you must do to travel abroad and return to England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

If you plan to pass through another country to return to the UK, check the travel advice for the country you’re transiting.

If you’re planning travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina, find out what you need to know about coronavirus there in the Coronavirus section.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is more important than ever to get travel insurance and check it provides sufficient cover. See the FCDO’s guidance on foreign travel insurance.

For information about COVID-19 vaccines, see the Coronavirus page.

There have been a small number of hoax bomb threats at various location since mid-May, causing some disruption. You should keep up to date with local developments and follow the advice of local authorities.

Around 9,000 British nationals visit Bosnia and Herzegovina every year. Most visits are trouble-free.

Terrorist attacks in Bosnia and Herzegovina cannot be ruled out. See Terrorism

Unexploded landmines remain a real danger, particularly in isolated areas in the mountains and countryside. Flooding and landslides in previous years have moved minefields and destroyed some of the minefield markings. For latest updates on mines see the Mine Action Centre website. See Local travel

If you are travelling by road, check local information before setting off.

For information on weather conditions, see meteoalarm pages for Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Bosnia and Herzegovina is affected by earthquakes. See Natural disasters

High levels of air pollution are common in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Health

The level of crime against foreigners is generally low, but you should beware of pickpockets in cities and on public transport, and take particular care in areas known to be popular with tourists. See Crime

You can contact the emergency services by calling 122 (police), 123 (fire) or 124 (ambulance).

If you’re abroad and you need emergency help from the UK government, contact the nearest British embassy, consulate or high commission.

The Overseas Business Risk service offers information and advice for British companies operating overseas on how to manage political, economic, and business security-related risks.