Find out about the Export Communications Review - how it can help your business, how to apply and how much it costs.
An Export Communications Review (ECR) will help you develop an international communications strategy. This can help your business overcome language and cultural barriers such as.
- poor sales because your promotional literature or website does not take account of cultural differences
- contracts exposing your company to commercial risks if they have not been professionally translated
- orders not being processed if they are in a language your company has no skills in
How the service works
Your company will be assigned an accredited Export Communications Consultant. The consultant will then consider your company’s written, spoken, and digital communications with your export markets, and agree to focus the review upon a certain market or upon certain export activities such as:
- press releases, promotional materials, catalogues and packaging
- technical documentation and manuals
- preparation for presentations and trade shows
- relationships with agents and distributors
- international sales and invoicing processes
- handling foreign phone calls and emails
- training, recruitment and working with export staff
- your web and social media strategy
- promotion of the website in overseas markets
- selling online
What you’ll get
Once the review has taken place, you’ll receive a tailored report and action plan with recommendations. It will include:
- a table of strengths and weaknesses of your current communications against international best practice - including written, telephone, face-to-face and electronic communications
- information about identifying possible third party suppliers and relative costs to implement the recommendations
- ‘how to’ guides with more detailed advice on implementing recommendations
Each review costs £500 plus VAT. You can receive a £250 subsidy from UKTI for your first 3 reviews if you already export, have fewer than 250 employees and have been trading for at least 2 years.
How to apply
To apply online fill in the online application form. A member of the team will be in touch within five working days to discuss your needs and the service options which are best suited to you. If you have any questions about the service or the application process you can contact the UKTI team: email@example.com or 0845 034 2111.
Find out how Export Communications Review has helped companies increase their export capabilities:
Read a UKTI publication on