The electronic Document Registration Service (e-DRS) lets property professionals apply to change the register electronically.
Submitting documents electronically through e-DRS:
- reduces average end-to-end processing times
- cuts back on paper consumption and reduces costs such as postage and manual processing
- creates an audit trail that helps prevent fraud
How to access e-DRS
To access e-DRS through the Land Registry portal, first you will need the following:
- a Land Registry portal account
- a Variable Direct Debit agreement
- authorised users set up with one of the following portal access roles:
- general access and e-DRS
- e-conveyancer edit and submit
- the ability to scan documents, which allows supporting documents to be uploaded electronically with applications
You can then access e-DRS through Business Gateway. This service gives you instant access to the Land Registry’s property records. Your case management systems (CMS) can then communicate directly and securely with Land Registry’s systems.
There’s no charge for signing up to e-DRS and the fee for each change application made through the service is billed by variable direct debit.
Submit an e-DRS application
You’ll need to include your application forms and supporting documents as electronic copies when submitting your application using e-DRS. Most documents such as transfers and charges or other supporting documents will need to be scanned.
However, certain application forms such as ‘change the register (AP1)’ can be prepared on your computer, signed electronically with a typed signature and uploaded without the need for printing and scanning.
Online Stamp Duty Land Tax certificates can also be saved in a suitable file format such as a PDF and uploaded without the need to print and scan.
Once you have filled in your application form and scanned your supporting documents, you can then submit them through e-DRS.
- Access our ‘Registration Service’ on the portal.
- Select the application type you’re submitting.
- Enter the reference and title number for each title.
- Select the relevant documents for your applications by following the on-screen instructions.
You’ll need to select the appropriate certification statement for your attachment. You can enter up to 50 title numbers per application. We’ll send you confirmation if your application has been successfully submitted.
Sign up to our e-notification service and we’ll let you know when we’ve sent you the completed documents electronically. You can then retrieve them from your portal ‘PDF Downloads’ area.
If you submit an application and we raise a requisition it will be sent to you electronically. Select the ‘Reply to requisition service’ in the portal and repeat the steps to resubmit any amended attachments.
Read more about the process in the e-DRS user guide.
If you need more information, please contact Customer Support:
- Use our online contact form
- Phone: 0300 006 0411