WT12: Wetland grazing supplement
Find out about eligibility and requirements for the wetland grazing supplement.
How much will be paid
£304 per hectare (ha).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Higher Tier
Only with one of the following options:
- WT6 - Management of reedbed
- WT7 - Creation of reedbed
- WT8 - Management of fen
- WT9 - Creation of fen
- WT10 - Management of lowland raised bog
How this supplement will benefit the environment
It supports the appropriate grazing management of wetland habitats.
Agreement holders are likely to need to:
- graze specific areas by an agreed method
- graze at specific times
- achieve a particular vegetation condition by grazing
Agreement holders are likely to need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- stock records to show grazing activity on parcels
The detailed requirements for this supplement will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
This supplement can be located on the same area as the following supplements:
- SP2 – Raised water level supplement
- SP4 - Control of invasive plant species supplement
- SP5 – Shepherding supplement
- SP6 – Cattle grazing supplement
- SP7 – Introduction of cattle grazing on the Isles of Scilly
- SP8 – Native breeds at risk supplement
- SP9 - Threatened species supplement
See the Higher Tier manual to find out more about the scheme and how to apply.
Published: 2 April 2015
Updated: 29 March 2016
- Information updated for applications in 2016
- Update to 'keeping records' section.
- First published.