SP9: Threatened species supplement
Find out about eligibility and requirements for the threatened species supplement.
How much will be paid
£120 per hectare (ha).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Higher Tier
Only in combination with a land management option where either:
- at least one priority species is present on the site
- the site can be managed to create the right conditions to allow the introduction, re-colonisation or range extension of a named priority species
Use of the supplement needs to have written support from a species specialist for the work.
Where this supplement cannot be used
For any work within the scope of standard options or capital items.
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request
- field operations at the parcel level, including associated invoices
If the work is specified in an Implementation Plan or Feasibility Study that Natural England has approved, send a copy of the approved plan or study with the application.
Applicants will need to send the following with their application:
- priority species specialist report
The detailed requirements for this item will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
This supplement can be located on the same area as all other supplements except:
See the Higher Tier manual to find out more about the scheme and how to apply.
Published: 2 April 2015
Updated: 10 March 2017
- Updated for 2017 applications.
- Information updated for applications in 2016.
- Update to 'keeping records' section.
- First published.