How much will be paid
£131 per hectare (ha).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Mid Tier and Higher Tier
Whole or part parcel
Only to be used:
- on parcels or part parcels greater than 1ha
- in combination with either SW7 - Arable reversion to grassland with low fertiliser input or SW8 - Management of intensive grassland adjacent to a watercourse
Applicants must have support from a Catchment Sensitive Farming (CSF) officer to use this supplement.
Applicants must also meet one of the following conditions (see Mid Tier manual section 6.7):
- be following a recommended fertiliser management system to plan nutrient inputs across the farm
- plan to adopt a recommended fertiliser management system within 18 months of the start of the agreement
- qualify as a low intensity farmer
How this supplement benefits the environment
It helps to reduce the risk of nitrate loss to ground and surface water by reducing nutrient inputs to zero.
- apply any fertilisers or manures
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- fertiliser records, including associated invoices
Applicants will have to send the following with their application:
- written endorsement from a CSF officer
- evidence that a recommended fertiliser management system is used or evidence to support low intensity farmer claim - this information can be provided with the application or within 18 months of the start of the agreement, as applicable
Advice and suggestions for how to carry out this option
The following section gives advice on carrying out this option successfully but does not form part of the requirements for this option.
Catchment Sensitive Farming (CSF) operates in parts of the country where there are water quality issues linked to farming. The scheme provides farmers with free advice and training. See guidance for further information on CSF support