Find out about eligibility and requirements for the hedgerow supplement - top binding and staking item.
How much will be paid
£3.40 per metre (m).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Mid Tier, Higher Tier and the hedgerows and boundaries grant.
Only on hedgerows being restored using BN5 - Hedgerow laying.
How this supplement will benefit the environment
If successful there will be lengths of hedgerow rejuvenated with new growth to form a continuous hedge.
- use stakes made of straight and clean lengths of hazel, ash or sweet chestnut
- use binders made of straight lengths of hazel, ash or willow, with no side shoots
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- receipted invoices, or bank statements where a receipted invoice is unavailable
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Mid Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- photographs of the completed work
Applicants will have to send the following with their application:
- photographs of each length of hedge entered into the supplement
Related Mid Tier items
This supplement can be used on the same length as the following items and supplements:
- BN5 - Hedgerow laying
- BN6 - Hedgerow coppicing
- BN7 - Hedgerow gapping-up
- BN8 - Hedgerow supplement - casting up
Published: 2 April 2015
Updated: 29 March 2016
- Information updated for applications in 2016.
- First published.