How much will be paid
£4.10 per metre (m).
Where to use this supplement
Available for Higher Tier.
- hedgerows being restored using the following options:
- hedgerows which:
- have extensive bramble, elder or brash that needs removing
- are more than 5m wide after the previous season’s growth is removed
- are on a slope of more than 20 degrees
Where this supplement cannot be used
- remove old fences within hedgerows
- remove free-standing fences alongside hedgerows
- undertake weed control
- undertake routine preparation before gapping-up or planting
How this supplement will benefit the environment
If successful, lengths of restored hedgerow which required substantial pre-work or were located on difficult sites will be restored.
Agreement holders are likely to need to:
- carry out the work agreed with Natural England
- compete the associated hedge restoration item to the relevant specification
Agreement holders are likely to need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- receipted invoices, or bank statements where a receipted invoice is unavailable
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Higher Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- photographs of the completed work
Applicants may have to send the following with their application:
- photographs of each length of hedge entered into the supplement
- supply item specification if required
The detailed requirements for this item will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Higher Tier applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
This supplement can be used on the same length as the following items and supplements: