LV1: Cattle grid
Find out about eligibility and requirements for the cattle grid item.
How much will be paid
£835 per item.
Where to use this item
Available for Higher Tier
- a new management regime is being introduced to a site
- a substantial change in grazing management is needed
Where this item cannot be used
To place cattle grids on:
- public highways
- public rights of way
How this item will benefit the environment
It creates environmental benefits by aiding grazing management. Benefits include better management of priority habitats or landscape enhancement.
- agree a specification for the works with Natural England in year 1 of the agreement
- complete the works as set out in the agreed specification within the agreed timescale
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- receipted invoices, or bank statements where a receipted invoice is unavailable
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Higher Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- photographs of the completed work
- specification of agreed works
Applicants will have to send the following with their application:
- photographs of the location where the cattle grid is planned
The detailed requirements for this item will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Higher Tier applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser. ##Further information
See the Higher Tier manual to find out more about the scheme and how to apply.
Published: 2 April 2015
Updated: 10 March 2017
- Updated for 2017 applications.
- Information updated for applications in 2016.
- First published.