|Phase 1 date||Action|
|19 October 2015||Undertakings in lieu accepted|
|17 July 2015||Decision published|
|12 June 2015||Decision announced|
|23 March to 8 April 2015||Invitation to comment|
|20 March 2015||Launch of merger inquiry|
Undertakings in lieu of reference accepted
19 October 2015: The CMA has accepted undertakings in lieu of reference for the anticipated acquisition by Muller UK & Ireland Group LLP of the dairy operations of Dairy Crest Group plc. A copy of the undertakings and the decision are available below.
- UIL acceptance decision (29.10.15)
- Müller final undertakings (19.10.15)
- News story: CMA accepts remedy in dairy merger (19.10.15)
Modified undertaking in lieu of reference consultation: Now closed
30 September 2015: We are consulting on modifications to a proposed undertaking in lieu of a reference for the acquisition by Muller UK & Ireland Group LLP of the dairy operations of Dairy Crest Group plc.
- Notice of consultation (30.9.15)
- Modified undertaking (30.9.15)
- Modified undertaking showing amendments (30.9.15)
- News story: CMA consults on modifications to Müller undertakings (30.9.15)
Undertaking in lieu of reference consultation: Now closed
10 August 2015: We’re consulting on a proposed undertaking in lieu of a reference (UIL) for the anticipated acquisition by Muller UK & Ireland Group LLP of the dairy operations of Dairy Crest Group plc.
- Notice of consultation (10.8.15)
- Muller proposed undertaking (10.8.15)
- Notice of UIL extension (10.8.15)
- News story: CMA consults on Müller proposed undertaking (10.8.15)
CMA to consider undertakings offered
26 June 2015: The CMA considers that there are reasonable grounds for believing that the undertakings offered by Muller UK & Ireland Group LLP, or a modified version of them, might be accepted by the CMA under the Enterprise Act 2002. A copy of the notice is available below.
- Notice to consider undertakings offered (6.7.15)
- News story: CMA considers proposals to resolve competition concerns in dairy merger (26.6.15)
Reference unless undertakings accepted
12 June 2015: The CMA has decided, on the information currently available to it, that it is or may be the case that this merger has resulted or may be expected to result in a substantial lessening of competition within a market or markets in the United Kingdom. This merger will be referred for a phase 2 investigation unless the parties offer acceptable undertakings to address these competition concerns. The full text of the decision is available below.
- Full text decision (17.7.15)
- Press release: Dairy merger faces in-depth investigation unless undertakings offered (12.6.15)
Invitation to comment: Now closed
23 March 2015: The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is considering whether it is or may be the case that this transaction if carried into effect, will result in the creation of a relevant merger situation under the merger provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002 and, if so, whether the creation of that situation may be expected to result, in a substantial lessening of competition within any market or markets in the United Kingdom for goods or services.
Launch of merger inquiry
20 March 2015: The CMA launched its phase 1 investigation following the European Commission’s decision to refer the case to the CMA under Article 4(4) of the EC Merger Regulation.
- Notice of termination of extension (8.4.15)
- Notice of extension (27.3.15)
- Notice of extension (24.3.15)
Please send written representations about any competition issues to:
Competition and Markets Authority