- Published on 11 August 2015, as required by Rule 7 of the Competition and Markets Authority Rules of Procedure for Merger, Market and Special Reference Groups. Any revisions made to the timetable will be published on this website.
|Phase 2 date||Action|
|11 January 2016||Statutory deadline|
|6 January 2016||Publish final report|
|10 December 2015||Final deadline for all parties’ responses/submissions|
|19 November 2015||Notifying provisional findings and considering possible remedies|
|Late October 2015||Deadline for all parties’ responses/submissions required before provisional findings|
|15 October 2015||Main party hearing|
|October 2015||Verifying information, considering provisional findings|
|August/September 2015||Hear third parties|
|26 August 2015||Publish statement of issues|
|August 2015||Gathering information, issuing questionnaires|
|28 July 2015||Merger reference made|
- Final report (6.1.16)
- Appendices and glossary (6.1.16)
- Press release: CMA clears rendering merger (6.1.16)
19 November 2015: The CMA has provisionally cleared Linergy’s completed acquisition of Ulster Farm By-Products.
- Notice of provisional findings (19.11.15)
- Provisional findings report (PDF, 1.1MB) (19.11.15)
- Appendices and Glossary (PDF, 1.8MB) (19.11.15)
- Press release: CMA provisionally clears rendering merger (19.11.15)
The publication of the evidence of any party on the CMA’s web pages does not indicate in any way endorsement by the CMA of the views expressed in the evidence or acceptance of that evidence. Publication in this way is designed to assist public understanding of the issues.
- Glenfarm Holdings (26.10.15)
- ABP Food Group (8.10.15)
- Deerpark Collections Limited (8.10.15)
- Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (NI) and Northern Ireland Environment Agency (8.10.15)
- W D Meats (20.10.15)
The CMA’s merger inquiry is independent and welcomes submissions from all interested parties.
- Linergy and Ulster Farm By-Products (16.9.15)
26 August 2015: The issues statement sets out the scope of the investigation. It outlines initial theories on what might be adversely affecting competition, but it does not set out findings or conclusions.
Inquiry group appointed
30 July 2015: The CMA has appointed the inquiry group.
Terms of reference
29 July 2015: The CMA has referred the completed acquisition by Linergy Limited of Ulster Farm By-Products Limited for an in-depth phase 2 investigation.
- Terms of reference (29.7.15)
|Phase 1 date||Action|
|21 August 2015||Decision published|
|17 July 2015||Decision announced|
|22 May 2015||Launch of merger inquiry|
|20 May to 4 June 2015||Invitation to comment|
|19 March 2015||Initial enforcement order|
Reference unless undertakings accepted
The full text of the decision is available below.
- Press release: Rendering merger faces in-depth investigation unless undertakings offered (17.7.15)
- Full text decision (21.8.15)
Launch of merger inquiry
22 May 2015: The CMA announced the launch of its merger inquiry by notice to the parties.
- Commencement of initial period notice (22.5.15)