Alliance Medical / IBA Molecular
The CMA investigated the above acquisition involving producers of radiopharmaceutical tracers.
- Published on 10 April 2014 and then updated on 10 July 2014, as required by Rule 7 of the Competition & Markets Authority Rules of Procedure for Merger, Market and Special Reference Groups. Any revisions made to the timetable will be published on this website.
|7 September 2014||Statutory deadline|
|Late August/early September 2014||Publish final report|
|1 August 2014||Final deadline for all parties’ responses/submissions|
|July/August 2014||Response hearing(s) (if required)|
|10 July 2014||Notified provisional findings|
|Late June 2014||Deadline for all parties’ responses/submissions required before provisional findings|
|June 2014||Main party hearing, verify information, consider provisional findings|
|28 April 2014||Publish statement of issues|
|April 2014||Gather information, issue questionnaires, hear third parties|
|24 March 2014||Merger reference made|
Date of referral: 24.03.14 Statutory deadline: 07.09.14
Final report published
On 15 August 2014, the CMA published its final report into the completed acquisition by Alliance Medical Limited of the assets of IBA Molecular UK Limited. The CMA cleared the completed acquisition for the reasons set out in the report below:
- Final report (PDF, 1.4 Mb) (15.08.14)
- Appendices and glossary (PDF, 1.9 Mb) (15.08.14)
- Press release: Radioactive tracer merger cleared (15.08.14)
Responses to provisional findings
- InHealth Group Limited (12.08.14)
On 10 July the CMA published its provisional findings. Parties wishing to comment should do so by 1 August 2014.
- Provisional findings report (PDF, 1.4 Mb) (10.07.14)
- Appendices and glossary (PDF, 2 Mb) (10.07.14)
- Notice of provisional findings (PDF, 109 Kb) (10.07.14
- Press release: CMA set to clear medical tracer merger (10.07.14)
- Notice of adoption of initial undertakings (PDF, 362 Kb) (26.03.14)
- Directions to appoint a monitoring trustee and hold separate manager (PDF, 234 Kb) (09.05.14)
Evidence provided to the CMA’s phase 2 inquiry.
Summaries of hearings held with third parties
- InHealth Group Limited (30.06.14)
- AAA (23.06.14)
- IBA Molecular (23.06.14)
- Siemens PETNET Solutions (23.06.14)
- British Nuclear Medicine Society (PDF, 137 Kb) (23.05.14)
- Dr Wong, Chair of the Clinical Reference Group, NHS England (PDF, 129 Kb) (23.05.14)
Responses to issues statement
- InHealth Group Limited (30.05.14)
Initial submissions of evidence provided to the CMA’s phase 2 inquiry.
- Alliance Medical Limited (PDF, 255 Kb) (30.04.14)
In this statement, we set out the main issues we are likely to consider in reaching our decisions. This does not preclude the consideration of any other issues which may be identified during the course of our investigation.
Competition Commission news Releases
CC to investigate tracer merger (24.03.14)
- Terms of reference (PDF, 31 Kb)
- Inquiry Group: John Wotton (Chairman), Sarah Chambers, John Krumins, Tim Tutton
- •Disclosure of interest
The full text of the decision is available below:
- Full text decision (PDF, 585 Kb) (06.06.14)
Completed acquisition by Alliance Medical Molecular Imaging Limited of the assets of IBA Molecular UK Limited - issued 28 January 2014
The Office of Fair Trading is considering whether arrangements are in progress or in contemplation which, if carried into effect, will result in the creation of a relevant merger situation under the merger provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002 and, if so, whether the creation of that situation may be expected to result in a substantial lessening of competition within any market or markets in the United Kingdom.
Affected sector: Healthcare
Invitation to comment - by 5 February 2014
Please send written representations about any competition or public interest issues to:
37 Southampton Row
Tel: 020 7211 6866
to arrive by 5 February 2014.