- Published on 5 January 2015, as required by Rule 7 of the CMA Rules of Procedure for Merger, Market and Special Reference Groups. Any revisions made to the timetable will be published on this website.
|Phase 2 date||Action|
|21 June 2015||Statutory deadline|
|Mid-June 2015||Publish final report|
|Late May 2015||Final deadline for all parties’ responses/submissions|
|Early May 2015||Consider possible remedies and response hearing(s) (if required)|
|21 April 2015||Provisional findings published|
|Early April 2015||Deadline for all parties’ responses/submissions required before provisional findings|
|March/April 2015||Main party hearing, verify information, consider provisional findings|
|Mid-February 2015||Publish statement of issues|
|January/February 2015||Gather information, issue questionnaires, hear third parties|
|5 January 2015||Merger reference made|
- Final report (3.6.15)
- Appendices and Glossary (PDF,3.3 Mb) (3.6.15)
- Press release: CMA confirms clearance of Pork Farms/Kerry Foods merger (3.6.15)
21 April 2014: The CMA has provisionally cleared the completed acquisition by Pork Farms Caspian Limited, a subsidiary of Pork Farms Group Limited, of the chilled savoury pastry business of Kerry Foods Limited.
- Notice of provisional findings (21.4.15)
- Provisional findings report (21.4.15)
- Appendices and Glossary (21.4.15)
- Press release: CMA provisionally clears Pork Farms/Kerry Foods merger (21.4.15)
The publication of the evidence of any party on the CMA’s web pages does not indicate in any way endorsement by the CMA of the views expressed in the evidence or acceptance of that evidence. Publication in this way is designed to assist public understanding of the issues.
As part of its evidence-gathering process, the CMA is holding hearings with a range of industry customers and interested parties.
The CMA’s merger inquiry is independent and welcomes submissions from all interested parties.
- Co-operative Group Limited (26.3.15)
- Greencore Prepared Meals Limited (26.3.15)
- John Lewis Partnership (T/A Waitrose) (26.3.15)
- McColl’s Retail Group (26.3.15)
- Pork Farms (10.3.15)
6 February 2015: The issues statement sets out the scope of the investigation. It outlines initial theories on what might be adversely affecting competition, but it does not set out findings or conclusions.
- Issues statement (6.2.15)
- News story: CMA publishes statement of issues over Pork Farms Caspian / Kerry Foods merger (6.2.15)
Inquiry group appointed
7 January 2015: The CMA has appointed the inquiry group.
Terms of reference
5 January 2015: The CMA has referred the completed acquisition by Pork Farms Caspian Limited of the chilled savoury pastry business of Kerry Foods Limited for an in-depth phase 2 investigation.
- Terms of reference (5.1.15)
|Phase 1 date||Action|
|6 February 2015||Decision published|
|17 December 2014||Decision announced|
|22 October to 5 November 2014||Invitation to comment|
|22 October 2014||Launch of merger inquiry|
|21 August 2014||Interim enforcement order made|
News story: CMA confirms pork pies merger referral (5.1.15)
Reference unless undertakings accepted
- Press release: Pork pies merger may give rise to competition concerns (17.12.14)
- Full text decision (6.2.15)
Launch of CMA merger inquiry
22 October 2014: The CMA launched its merger inquiry following receipt of a satisfactory notification.
- Commencement of initial period notice (22.10.14)
Initial enforcement order
- Initial enforcement order (21.8.14)