Anne was appointed Panel Chair and Panel Member Non-executive Director of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) on 1 October 2016, having been an Inquiry Chair since 2014. She is also a member of the CMA’s specialist communications panel.
Anne is currently a Governor of Portsmouth University and a Trustee of The Woodland Trust. She was awarded a CMG in 2006 for her work as the UK’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the EU.
She has Board experience, including a focus on governance issues, in commercial and not-for-profit sectors. She also has extensive public policy and regulatory experience, including in insurance, telecoms and aviation.
Previous career highlights include:
- Deputy Director General, Office of Telecommunications
- UK Deputy Permanent Representative to the EU
- Director, European and Government Affairs for NATS (National Air Traffic Services)
- Chair, European Satellite Services Provider SAS for NATS
Panel Member Non-Executive Director
Panel Member Non-Executive Directors of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Board play an important role in setting up the organisation, working with the chair and chief executive.
As board members, they are also responsible for:
- setting the organisation’s strategic direction and policy framework
- developing priorities
- monitoring performance against its objectives
- ensuring the good running and independence of the panel system
- making decisions on Market Investigation References