To claim Gift Aid you need to get a Gift Aid declaration from the donor. It should state that the donor:
- has paid the same amount or more in Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax in that tax year
- agrees to Gift Aid being claimed
You must keep a record of declarations for 6 years after the most recent donation you claimed Gift Aid on.
Gift Aid declaration forms
The declaration must include a description of the gift and the:
- name of your charity or community amateur sports club (CASC)
- donor’s name (at least their initial and last name)
- donor’s home address (at least their house number or name and postcode)
Download example Gift Aid declaration forms for:
You can put a Gift Aid declaration on your charity’s collection envelopes.
You may still be able to claim on cash donations of £20 or less if you don’t have a declaration.