Claiming Gift Aid as a charity or CASC

Skip to contents of guide

Gift Aid declarations

To claim Gift Aid you need to get a Gift Aid declaration from the donor. It should state that the donor:

You must keep a record of declarations for 6 years after the most recent donation you claimed Gift Aid on.

Gift Aid declaration forms

The declaration must include a description of the gift and the:

  • name of your charity or community amateur sports club (CASC)
  • donor’s full name
  • donor’s home address (at least their house number or name and postcode)

Example declarations

Download example Gift Aid declaration forms for:

Cash donations

You can put a Gift Aid declaration on your charity’s collection envelopes.

You may still be able to claim on cash donations of £30 or less if you do not have a declaration.