Find tax guidance for charities on the HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) website.
Charities may qualify for a range of tax reliefs and exemptions, but they do have to pay tax on some income.
See the HMRC website for guidance on:
- getting recognised as a charity for tax purposes
- exemptions, reliefs and what you need to pay
- charities and VAT
- claiming back tax on Gift Aid donations
- tax relief on land, buildings and shares
- accepting donations from the Payroll Giving scheme
- tax on money your charity spends
- dealing with profits
Community amateur sports clubs aren’t counted as charities, but they do get certain exemptions and benefits.