You can apply for compensation if you, or someone you know, has been hurt in a violent crime in the past 2 years - you’ll need to fill in an online form.
Start now on the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) website
You’ll need the following:
- the unique police reference number
- contact details for the doctor - if you were treated for the injury
- the name of the person who attacked you, if you know who it was
- the date of any court case
There’s a different process for compensation schemes in Northern Ireland.
- Takes around 15 minutes
- Not available in Northern Ireland
Contact the helpline:
Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority helpline
0300 003 3601
If your application is turned down
If your application is turned down, you can appeal to the criminal injuries compensation tribunal.