1. If your child has a baby

You can claim Child Benefit for a child you’re responsible for and their baby.

If your child is claiming the Child Benefit, you can collect the payment on their behalf by talking to their bank.

The Child Benefit Office can only pay Child Benefit into one account. This can be a joint account you share with your child, but their name must be on the account too.

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.