• Report a noise nuisance to your council

    Report a noise problem like loud music, noisy pubs, neighbour's parties or barking dogs to your local council

  • Resolving neighbour disputes

    Disputes with neighbours - noisy neighbours, barking dogs, statutory nuisances, high hedges, mediation and when your council can step in

  • Report a pest problem

    Contact your council to find out if they provide pest control services to remove pests like wasps, rats, mice and bedbugs

  • Find out about pest control

    Your local council may help you get rid of common pests in your property like mice, wasps and bedbugs with pest control services

  • Check if the council has your missing dog

    Report your missing or lost dog to the council's dog warden service

  • Apply for a licence to keep a wild animal

    You need a licence to keep certain kinds of wild or dangerous animals: contact your council for more information

  • Caring for pets

    Information on the legal responsibilities of people who own or care for domestic pets

  • Complain about problems caused by demolition works

    If demolition work is causing problems - like noise or obstruction to pavements or roads - you can complain to your council

  • Controlling your dog in public

    You can be fined if your dog is out of control in public - find out about Dog Control Orders, banned dogs, dog fouling and reporting a dangerous dog

  • Getting and using a horse passport

    Horses, ponies and donkeys must have a horse passport and you must have it with you at all times when you're with your horse

  • Low flying military aircraft in your area

    The Ministry of Defence (MOD) carries out low flying for training across the UK - low flying areas (LFAs), tactical training areas (TTAs)

  • Report a dead animal

    Report a dead animal such as a badger, fox or domestic pet found on the road to the local council

  • Report a dog fouling problem

    The local council must keep public areas like parks, playgrounds and pavements clear of dog mess - report a dog fouling problem to the local council

  • Report a stray dog

    If you find a stray dog and can't contact the owner, you can report it to the council

  • Taking your pet abroad

    Taking pets abroad on holiday or to live - before you leave, rules for different countries, travelling with assistance dogs, and the PETS travel scheme contact information