If you’re an instructor or trainer, use this service to:
- book theory tests
- confirm your pupil’s details before the test
- check or change appointments
- cancel test appointments
There’s a different service to book your own theory test.
Start now on the theory test booking service
You can book the following types of test:
- lorry and bus, including the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) part 1 (theory) and part 2 (case studies) tests
You must be registered to book tests.
What you need
You need your:
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) business ID
- credit or debit card
- pupil’s driving licence number if you’re confirming their details
Book without a pupil’s details
You can book tests up to 3 months in advance. You don’t have to give a pupil’s details when you book. This is known as being a ‘trainer booker’.
You must confirm the pupil’s details by 4pm at least one clear working day before the test. Working days don’t include Sundays and public holidays.
Example Confirm the pupil’s details by 4pm on Wednesday if the test is on Friday.
Change or cancel a test
You must change or cancel the test at least 3 clear working days before the test date, or you have to pay again. Working days don’t include Sundays and public holidays.
Example Cancel the test by the end of Monday if the test is on Friday.
Help with your bookings
Contact DVSA to get help booking theory tests for your pupils.