You can apply to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to become a direct access scheme (DAS) certified instructor.

All provisional licence holders training on a motorbike over 125cc and 11kW power output must be trained by a qualified DAS instructor.

Rules for becoming a DAS instructor

To become a DAS certified instructor you must have a driving licence from either:

  • Great Britain or Northern Ireland
  • the EU or EEA - but you must register it first

You must also:

You’ll have to take a 2-day assessment at a DVSA training and development centre.

When you qualify

When you pass you’ll be able to give DAS training.