Application to register a non-GB driving licence (form D9)

You will need to use a D9 form to register a non-GB driving licence with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).



Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


If you live in GB and drive a bus with 9 passenger seats or more or a vehicle weighing more than 3.5 tonnes, you need to register your non-GB driving licence with DVLA.

Send your application form along with your EU/EEA driving licence (and documentary evidence if needed) to:

SA99 1BH

Published 22 May 2015
Last updated 20 December 2023 + show all updates
  1. Updated PDF

  2. updated pdf.

  3. Updated pdf.

  4. Updated pdf.

  5. PDF updated

  6. PDF updated.

  7. First published.