Become a direct access scheme (DAS) motorcycle instructor

Skip to contents of guide

What to bring to your assessment

You need to bring:

  • your valid driving licence
  • your CBT1 card
  • your joining instructions
  • a fully taxed and roadworthy motorcycle with a power output of at least 20kW
  • a full-face safety helmet

If you have an EU or EEA licence, you must also bring confirmation of your Great Britain (GB) driver number. You need to register your licence to get a GB driver number.

Your assessment will be cancelled if you do not bring these.

You’re allowed to bring relevant training aids and preparation material with you.