EU Referendum On Thursday 23 June there will be a vote on the UK’s membership of the European Union. More information about the EU referendum

Hide message
  1. 1Are you already registered as a driving instructor in another EU country?


    Change this answer

You can apply to transfer your driving instructor registration to Great Britain

  1. Apply to register your non-GB driving licence if you got yours in another EU country.

  2. Apply to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to transfer your instructor registration.

Register your non-GB driving licence

Download and fill in D9 - Application to register a non-GB driving licence and send it to DVLA.

SA99 1BH

Transfer your registration

When you’ve registered your non-GB licence you can transfer your driving instructor registration to Great Britain.

Help us improve GOV.UK

Don’t include personal or financial information, eg your National Insurance number or credit card details.