Book, change or cancel your:
- approved driving instructor (ADI) part 1 theory test
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) enhanced rider scheme trainer theory test
- £81 for an ADI part 1 test
- £66 for a DVSA enhanced rider scheme trainer theory test
There’s a different process to book your ADI part 1 test in Northern Ireland.
When you must not go to your test
You must stay at home (self-isolate) and not go to your test if:
- you or someone you live with has coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- you’ve been told by the NHS Test and Trace service that you’ve been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
Change your theory test appointment if you need to self-isolate on the day of your test.
You can do this free of charge anytime before the test.
If you recently entered the UK
If you’ve entered the UK in the last 14 days you must not go to your test, unless you:
- arrived from a country on the ‘travel corridor’ list
- belong to one of the groups that do not have to self-isolate
If you live in Scotland there’s a different list of ‘travel corridor’ countries.
You need your:
- UK driving licence number
- personal reference number from DVSA
- email address - you have to book by phone if you do not have one
- credit or debit card