Transfer your European Community (EC) driving instructor registration to Great Britain. It costs £300.

This service is available from 6am to 11:30pm.

Start now on the Department for Transport website

Before you start

Get a criminal record disclosure number if you’ve lived in Great Britain for at least 12 months. You can’t use one you have already - you must get a new one.

If you’ve lived in Great Britain for less than 12 months, get a ‘certificate of good character’ from the country you were living in before. You need a translation in English.

You also need to send:

  • a photocopy of your passport with the relevant residency page
  • a photocopy of your EC driving instructor certificate
  • a photocopy of your driving licence
  • a short letter with details of your EC driving instruction career, including dates and qualifications gained
  • a recent passport-sized photograph with your name written on the back

Help with your application

Email the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to get help applying online.