Transfer your European Community (EC) driving instructor registration to Great Britain. It costs £300.
This service is available from 6am to 11:30pm.
Start now on the Department for Transport website
Get a criminal record disclosure number if you’ve lived in Great Britain for at least 12 months. You can’t use one you have already - you must get a new one.
If you’ve lived in Great Britain for less than 12 months, get a ‘certificate of good character’ from the country you were living in before. You need a translation in English.
You also need to send:
- a photocopy of your passport with the relevant residency page
- a photocopy of your EC driving instructor certificate
- a photocopy of your driving licence
- a short letter with details of your EC driving instruction career, including dates and qualifications gained
- a recent passport-sized photograph with your name written on the back
Help with your application
Email the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to get help applying online.
There’s a different service to transfer a Great Britain or European Union registration to Northern Ireland.