Environmental management – guidance

Access the public register for environmental information

Use this page to access the Environment Agency's public register of data.

The Environment Agency is obliged by various pieces of legislation to maintain and make available public registers of information.

Access the main public register

Access the public register

The main public register currently includes:

  • environmental permits (industrial installations)
  • environmental permits (waste operations)
  • environmental permits (radioactive substances)
  • environmental permits (water discharge)
  • waste carriers and dealers
  • waste brokers and dealers
  • hazardous waste producers
  • waste exemptions
  • water discharge exemptions
  • enforcement actions
  • scrap metal dealers

Waste carrier, dealer and broker licences

Search the waste carrier register:

  • Lower Tier Waste Carrier licences - generally where businesses transport their own waste eg grass clippings. Information relating to these licences can be accessed on the lower tier waste carrier licences.

  • New Upper Tier Waste Carrier licences - generally where waste is a main part of a business eg skip company. Information for licences that have been renewed or active since the 27 March 2015, can be accessed o the upper tier waste carrier public register

  • All other Upper Waste Carrier or Broker licences Information relating to all other upper tier waste carrier and broker registrations can be accessed under the waste carriers and dealers or waste brokers and dealers registers.

Waste Carrier, dealer and broker licences in Wales

Natural Resources Wales holds the public register information for all Welsh licences Natural Resources Wales public register.

Waste and Water Exemptions registrations made after 20 October 2014 in Wales

See the details of all the waste and water quality exemptions registered in Wales (since 20 October 2014) on the Natural Resources Wales public register. If the registration was made before the 20 October 2014, the information will be held on this public register, using the ‘Access the Public register’ link at the top of this page.

Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)

The Environment Agency hold the registers for the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE):

End of Life Vehicle Authorised Treatment Facilities (ELV ATFs)

Access the register for ELV ATF’s.

Packaging and batteries

We have public register information on the National Packaging Waste Database (NPWD).

Large raised reservoirs

We also have public register information for the register of large raised reservoirs.

Viewing public registers in Environment Agency offices

The Environment Agency holds public register information in our local offices; electronically on a computer or in paper copy. If you cannot access the information you need from the links above, please contact our general enquiries team to make an appointment with a local customer services team.

Our local teams will be able to confirm if the information you want is available and which is your nearest office to view it. They can also advise if any information can be sent to you; you will be told if there is a charge.

General enquiries

National Customer Contact Centre
PO Box 544
S60 1BY

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm