Use this page to access the Environment Agency's public register of data.
The Environment Agency is obliged by various pieces of legislation to maintain and make available public registers of information.
Access the main public register
The main public register currently includes:
- environmental permits (industrial installations)
- environmental permits (waste operations)
- environmental permits (radioactive substances)
- environmental permits (water discharge)
- waste carriers and dealers
- waste brokers and dealers
- hazardous waste producers
- waste exemptions
- water discharge exemptions
- enforcement actions
- scrap metal dealers
Waste carrier, dealer and broker licences
Search the waste carrier register:
- ‘upper tier’ registrations - generally where waste is a main part of a business eg skip company
- ‘lower tier’ registrations - generally where businesses transport their own waste eg grass clippings
Waste and Water Exemptions registrations made after 20 October 2014 in Wales
See the details of all the waste and water quality exemptions registered in Wales (since 20th October 2014) on the Natural Resources Wales public register. If the registration was made before the 20th October 2014, the information will be held on this public register, using the ‘Access the Public register’ link at the top of this page.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
The Environment Agency hold the registers for the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE):
- EEE Producers
- WEEE Approved Producer Compliance Schemes
- WEEE Approved Authorised Treatment Facilities and Approved Exporters
End of Life Vehicle Authorised Treatment Facilities (ELV ATFs)
Access the register for ELV ATF’s.
Packaging and batteries
We have public register information on the National Packaging Waste Database (NPWD).
Large raised reservoirs
We also have public register information for the register of large raised reservoirs.
Viewing public registers in Environment Agency offices
The Environment Agency holds public register information in our local offices; electronically on a computer or in paper copy. If you cannot access the information you need from the links above, please contact our general enquiries team to make an appointment with a local customer services team.
Our local teams will be able to confirm if the information you want is available and which is your nearest office to view it. They can also advise if any information can be sent to you; you will be told if there is a charge.
National Customer Contact Centre
PO Box 544
Telephone 03708 506 506
Telephone from outside the UK (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm GMT) +44 (0)1709 389 201
Minicom (for the hard of hearing) 03702 422 549
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm